Pav Bhaji is one of my favourite dishes. In our childhood days, we used to have pav bhaji for the breakfast, my mom used to make it usually on sunday mornings. We never used to like upma and vermicelli for the breakfast (sorry upma,vermicelli lovers 😛) and when there was pav bhaji on the plate, everyone enjoyed eating it.
1 cup carrot’s, peas, cauliflower
1 1/2 cups potatoes
1 large onion
4 green chillies
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 tbsps lemon juice
1 tsp gingergarlic paste
4 garlic cloves crushed
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 bay leaves
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 pinch garam masala powder
2 tsps pav bhaji masala
Salt to taste
2-3 tbsps butter
1. Boil the vegetables and roughly chop them and keep aside.
2. Take a pan and add 2 tbsp butter,now add cumin seeds,crushed garlic cloves and bay leaves. Add onions,green chillies and fry till the onions turn golden brown. Add gingergarlic paste and saute for 1 minute.
3. Lower the flame and add all the spice powders and fry for few seconds.
4. Now add all the vegetables and mix,add 1/2 cup water and combine everything well.
5. Take a dal masher and mash the vegetables in the pan,add salt,lemon juice,coriander leaves.
6. Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
7. Fry the pavs lightly with butter.
8. Serve the pav bhaji hot with few sliced onions.