Onion pakodas reminds me of my office, where I used to work as a software developer. Daily there used to be one variety of evening snack, one of which is onion pakoda. We used to sit in our office pantry, chit chat for sometime eating crispy onion pakodas along with hot coffee ☕ and then run back to work.
These are my version of onion pakodas which is very simple and easy. The original version of onion pakodas which bandi valaas make is different to this. I will be posting that recipe soon.
1 big onion
1/2 cup gram flour(besan)
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 pinch turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
1. Cut the onions lengthwise. Now add all the above Ingredients except oil and mix well.
2. Add 1 tbsp water into the onion mixture, so that the mixture should be of medium consistency, not too thick, not too thin. Add more water if required.
3. Heat oil for deep frying in a kadai and drop the onion mixture into the oil by breaking them into small pieces.
4. Fry on a medium low heat until they are golden and crispy.
5. Place on a paper towel to drain excess oil. Remove and serve hot with ketchup or green chutney.