Radish is very good for health, It has many health benefits. Not many people eat or like radish, but there are many delicious radish recipes to try from. One of them is radish fry which can be served with chapathi or rice. I personally pefer any radish curry with chapathi.
Mooli Fry (Radish Fry)
2 medium sized radish
2 tbsp onions
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
2 green chillies
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
2 tsps coriander powder
1 tbsp coriander leaves
1 1/2 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1. Wash the radish, peel the skin and cut it into small pieces. Chop the onions and green chillies into pieces.
2. Heat oil in a kadai, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, when the mustard seeds splutter, add onions, green chillies. Saute until onion becomes light brown. Now add radish, sprinkle some water, cover and cook on medium low flame.
3. After the radish is half cooked, add turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt, coriander leaves. Mix well, cover and cook stirring in between until tender.
4. Once it is cooked, add coriander powder and saute for 2 minutes.
5. Serve hot with chapathi or rice.