Do you fancy having a brownie today? Then try these chocolate brownies which can be made in a microwave in just 5 minutes.
Whenever any unexpected guest visits you, you can make these brownies in no time. These brownies are fudgy, chewy and irresistable. Try them with a dollop of vanilla ice cream and it’s heaven 😊
I have made plain brownie, though I prefer brownies with nuts. It gives them nice texture. Here we get approximately 16 brownies, so quite sufficient for everyone.
Do not overcook the brownies, they become dry.
Chocolate Microwave Brownie
1⁄2 cup butter
1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1 cup maida (all-purpose flour)
1 tsp vanilla essence
1⁄4 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecan nuts or walnuts (optional)
1. Grease an 8 inch square microwave safe pan. In a large glass bowl, melt butter and cocoa powder together on high for about 30 to 45 seconds. Stir until smooth.
2. Now add eggs, sugar, maida, vanilla essence, chopped nuts and salt. Mix well.
3. Pour mixture into prepared greased pan and microwave on high for about 5 minutes, or until set (this will depend on your microwave).
4. Remove pan from microwave. Immediately scatter chocolate chips on top. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes, then gently spread with a knife. Let it cool and cut into squares.
5. Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.