Egg puffs are eggs wrapped inside puff pastry and baked until crisp. This is a simple egg puff which we get in bakeries.
Egg puffs are served with some ketchup. I always have that craving for egg puffs, even my hubby likes these puffs.
1 sheet puff pastry (makes 6 egg puffs)
1-2 teaspoons pepper powder
1-1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon oil
1. Boil the eggs in water for 20 minutes. Rinse in cold water and peel the eggs.
2. Slice the eggs into half, sprinkle some pepper powder and salt on both sides and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Now take the pastry sheet, cut into 6 squares.
4. Sprinkle the remaining pepper powder and salt on all the 6 pastry squares then place half egg on each square diagonally. Fold the two sides placing on each other like wraping the egg. Repeat with all the other squares.
5. Brush the top of all egg puffs with oil.
6. Preheat the oven for 10 minutes on 200°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place all the egg puffs on the tray.
7. Bake on 200°C for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Turn all the puffs and bake for another 5 minutes.
8. Remove from oven and serve hot with ketchup.