White sauce is usually used with pasta. Have you ever thought of using it as a filling for sandwich? Yes, this sauce is simply delicious and can be made in a jiffy.
I have seen this recipe on Sharmis Passions and I tried it and I really liked it. When I made this sauce filling again, I added few methi leaves instead of mint leaves. I dont like the mint leaves coming in my mouth.
You can also prepare this white sauce filling by adding different vegetables like bell peppers (capsicum), corn. You can even add some cheese to make it more creamy. Make in advance and use as required for breakfast.
Pack your kids tiffin box with this sandwich. I am sure your kids will love this sandwich. This is the easiest way to give some veggies to your kids 😀
White Sauce Sandwich
4 slices bread (serves 2)
1 small onion
1 tablespoon grated carrot
1 tablespoon chopped methi leaves
1/4 cup plain flour (maida)
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon butter
Salt to taste
1. Heat butter in a pan, add chopped onions. After the onions become golden brown in color, add grated carrot and methi leaves. Saute for 2 minutes.
2. Now add maida and fry for few seconds. Then add warm milk slowing by stirring continuously.
3. When the mixture starts to thicken, add salt, pepper powder and oregano. Turn off the heat.
4. Heat oil or butter in a griddle/toaster. Place a bread slice in the toaster, apply the prepared mixture evenly and close it with a slice of bread.
5. Repeat with other slices and toast it till golden brown in color. Serve hot!