I usually make mutton kebabs and wanted to try some fish kebabs. So I followed the mutton kebab recipe by making few changes and they turned out really good.
These kebabs are mixed with different spices and are deep fried. We have to use boneless fish for this recipe. I have used cod fish.
Fish is a good source of protein. It is important to include fish in kids diet. These kebabs make an ideal snack box item too.
(Makes approx. 20 kebabs)
500 grams boneless fish
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon coriander powder
1 medium sized onion
2-3 green chillies
oil for deep frying
2 teaspoons chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 teaspoons ginger-garlic paste
1/2 teaspoon carom seeds powder
1/2 lemon juice
Salt to taste
1. Clean the fish and cut it into small pieces.
2. Marinate the fish with the ingredients listed under marination for 1 hour.
3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan, add the fish pieces and fry on high for 2 minutes, turn the pieces and fry for another 2 minutes.
4. Now lower the flame to medium low. Place a lid and cook the fish. After the fish is half cooked switch off the stove. Remove the fish into a dish and let the fish cool.
5. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in the same pan, add chopped onions and green chillies, fry till the onion turns light brown.
6. After the onion mixture cools down, grind it into a coarse paste.
7. Now mash all the fish pieces together with hand, add the onion paste, one egg, coriander powder, garam masala powder and knead everything well.
8. Make small patties with the fish mixture. Heat oil for deep frying. Beat one egg in a bowl.
9. Now take one patty and dip the patty in the egg mixture and drop it in the oil. Repeat with the rest of the patties.
10. Fry till the kebabs turn brown in color. Serve hot with ketchup.